Sunday, July 18, 2010

Remember back in, oh, January?

When I was applying for jobs? Finally got one. Just a few/several/too many months later.

No more folding! In fact, as the state of my bedroom will demonstrate, I plan to never fold an item of clothing again ever. It's not going to be a problem actually: dirty clothes go in the laundry basket, clean clothes reside on my maroon armchair, which I don't currently use for its intended purpose (i.e. reading) as it is GLOOOOORIOUS SUMMER and any/all reading is done out of doors and at Taste while I wait for A Certain Boy to finish his shift so we can get beers.

Speaking of reading, after hearing I got hired, I went out and bought this:


...which I am super excited to start reading, right after I finish this TOME of a graphic novel:

I really, really like it when I find myself reading something I would have been obsessed with when I was 14 or so. As in, my copy of Ella Enchanted gets reread yearly. Hoo boy, 14-year-old Lauren and Zot would have really hit it off: he looks and acts like Peter Pan (ahem, my first crush), and he gives his girlfriend a LIGHTNING BOLT NECKLACE which is also a HOMING DEVICE so he can find her when she's in trouble. I die.

Come see me at the bookstore! I'll be the one selling...art supplies.

2 comments:

Maddie said...

OH and who are you borrowing all these books from hmmmm?? Ella Enchanted, Zot, Kav & Clay = lil sem.

No Pants said...

i'll give you zot, kav and clay and various others, but ella enchanted is MAH COPY. i bought it at the french market in new orleans.

also never forget who suggested murakami for the First Inaugural Semet Family Book Club