Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Change of plans

No more Nice. Paris for a few more days. The free apartment we thought we were going to have in Nice fell through so we decided to stay here until Friday when we head over to Zurich. Which actually works out great because I got all of my "Things I Need to Do Before I Leave Paris" stuff out of the way yesterday so now I have a few days to just let things happen to me which strikes me as a better way to enjoy Paris.

I indeed went to the Orsay one last time yesterday and indeed went to the top of the Eiffel Tower and indeed had an amazing dinner of moules Paysanne (mussels with mushrooms, bacon and creme fraiche). The Van Goghs and the Manets were just as stunning as the first time I went to the Orsay and the Eiffel Tower entirely deserves to be as famous and iconinc as it is. I wish I could post pictures from this computer because that's really the only way to show how staggering the view is. I almost didn't go because people were saying that it was going to be ridiculously expensive, but it wasn't--as long as you can walk up the first two levels it only costs about 8 euro which is less than most museums, so don't ever, ever skip a trip to the Eiffel Tower because of what you heard. The lines are worth it. C'est vaut le voyage (it's worth the trip), as a dude on the metro told me last week.

No comments: